Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paris for the Weekend

I always thought I would have to have come in to lots of money or win a contest to say that I went to Paris for the weekend!  Neither was the case, we were simply able to board a fast speed train and arrive in two hours.  Even better, my mom watched the kids.

We stayed right near the Louvre and that was the first place we visited.

Up close with the Venus De Milo




A woman who needs no introduction

Listening to the Rick Steve Podcast tour

Next a nice walk to see Notre Dame before a quiet dinner for two.

Our very cute, but very small hotel was so small that they had no common area for breakfast.  Instead this was delivered each morning.  So nice.


After filling up on croissants, we headed to the Eiffel Tower.  We booked a tour ahead of time to avoid the lines.  





We were able to see our next two stops from above.  The Arc De Triumph and Sacre Coure.  





And here is Sacre Coeur a little closer up.  


Just the two of us exploring Paris for the weekend, what else can I say?  



No comments:

Post a Comment