Liam's birthday celebrations lasted for almost a month! His first party was with all his little friends from school/friends of ours. This was the first time I ever planned an out of the house party and I was a bit nervous about doing it in Belgium where I was clueless. Luckily, a Little gym had opened in Antwerp just a few months ago. We invited his whole class. There were 18 kids at the party. He was so excited and everyone had a great time. The best cultural moment for me was the reaction to the cupcakes that we brought. The party planners were amazed we made them ourselves (obviously they do not have the boxed mixes here) and then one of the little girls from his class had the whole cupcake on a fork (believe it was her first cupcake).
The next two celebrations were in NJ. We had a 10 day visit. The kids loved seeing everyone. One day Liam asked my mom, "who is coming to see me next?". It was like they were holding court.
The final celebration was in Liam's class. I sent in cupcakes and my camera and was able to get a great feel for his classroom celebration.
He certainly had a multi-cultural, multi-country, multi-party 4th birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment