 |
Liam all ready for Jan Leon's
Cowboy & Indian birthday party. |
I get a mixture of responses when I tell people that we embarked on this journey with a 1 (now 2) and 3 year old : kids transition so easily; great time to do it before school; too bad they won't remember it; you are brave sightseeing with them; and sometimes just an "Oh". Believe me there have been times when I questioned the decision/the timing, but I can now say 6 months in that we are very happy with our decision. The children are doing wonderful. I have a become a big fan of the saying "Don't let perfect get in the way of good".
Liam loves his international school. He has made friends from all over the world. He will watch a show in Dutch with no complaints. Since Brenna is in a Dutch daycare, she can even speak a fair amount of Dutch now. She will break out in a Dutch song, call Hugh "Papa", or ask me to clean the "taefel" (table). I am told she can count to 7 and has mastered words that some of the local 2 year olds have not yet learned. It is really amazing to see.
 |
| Liam celebrating Carnevale at school |
 |
Brenna and her friends at daycare: Elke, Matise & Jerome
|
We have also made quite a few friends through Liam's school or through an English speaking parents group. I would have never imagined six months ago that we would have birthday parties, play dates, parents night out, and group outings. The kids are experiencing all the normal kid things with the added benefit of visiting lots of cool new places.
 |
| Brenna likes to keep Hugh on his toes |
 |
| One of our favorite parks. Moms & Dads can relax at the cafe while the kids play |
 |
| Dress Up at a Party with our New Zealand Friends |
 |
| Liam enjoying a trip to Technopolis with the APC (Antwerp Parent Group) |
 |
| Brenna baking at Technopolis |
My only worry is that they are maturing way to fast. See below for evidence of :).
 |
Liam actually sleeps like this. And he is an angry little guy when you wake him up!
Teenage years should be fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment